Elliance is seeking a full-time Frontend developer to produce web-based solutions for our clients. As Front-End Developer, you'll be responsible for building and implementing an amazing web experience for our clients and for Elliance. You'll work closely with the design team to bring their ideas to life via elegant, semantic code.
Those interested in this position will be able to present a strong portfolio of sites and/or code samples that you have worked on, so please provide a link to your personal site. Bonus points for also sharing a link to your Github and/or Stack Overflow profile(s).
- Collaborate with designers, UX/IA, and content strategists to implement sites both small and large.
- Create clean, semantic markup for a variety of sites.
- Continually research, recommend, and implement front-end best practices.
- Write code with cross-browser compatibility and accessibility in mind.
- Familiarity with Sass (Less), Grunt and Middleman.
- Must be able to convert design from Sketch to high quality, cross-browser compatible, valid HTML / CSS markup (Sketch to HTML).
- Experience working with/around content management systems (Drupal, Cascade, Umbraco, ExpressionEngine, Wordpress, etc.).
- A keen eye for design and an understanding of user experience design/design systems.
- Understanding of cross-browser compatibility, progressive enhancement and graceful degradation, responsive design, website performance, and accessibility.
Other RequirementsThese are nice to have skills and knowledge:
- Familiarity with version control systems (Git, SVN).
- Experience with Angular, Vue, React/Redux, and other frameworks.
- Experience with server-side development such as ASP.NET (C#), Java or PHP.
- Familiarity with relational databases and SQL.
- Strong SEO awareness and experience.
- Passion for the web design and development community (you participate in local user's groups and meetups).
- Contributor to open source projects.
Culture & Benefits
Elliance isn’t easily described with typical "agency" labels. We combine West Coast culture (flat and open) with an intensely introspective approach to business and brand strategy combined with design solutions and interactive problem solving. We serve a national client base in fields of education, manufacturing, and business. Our team members have been recognized with the highest technology and design awards stemming from our distinct culture and approach. We’re recognized as one of the world's Top 10 shops by Interactive Media Awards, Publications such as Inc., Business 2.0, and industry leaders such as Cisco and Dell have cited Elliance as innovators.
- health insurance
- dental insurance
- 401-K plan
- Politics-free culture
- Great collaborative learning environment
- Working in a cool office space